Our Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) team is a group of engineers, scientists, accountants, and tax professionals with deep industry experience. Our consultants can help determine your company’s eligibility to recover SR&ED tax credits for the current year and prior years (subject to certain time limits). You may be able to enhance tax incentives to offset taxes payable and, in some cases, receive refundable cash incentives.
How our R&D Tax Credit practice helps clients:
- Identify eligible SR&ED activities and expenditures so you can enhance your investment tax credits
- Develop technical descriptions of your SR&ED activities and prepare all required tax forms
- Prepare or review your in-house SR&ED claims to confirm that they contain the necessary information
- Equip your employees with the skills to prepare technical tracking data, and set up a control system for filing reports and supporting financial data
- Participate in Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) reviews to help you justify the validity of the scientific and financial basis for your claim, and process it to its successful conclusion
- Conduct innovation tax credit planning to identify opportunities to restructure or relocate your operations and activities to enhance tax benefits
- Review your organization’s mix of international innovation projects in light of tax benefits granted by various countries.
How we make it simpler
Our group of consultants work with businesses to enhance SR&ED tax credits while freeing up your technical staff’s time so they can focus on implementing your corporate vision for innovation.
Additional USA R&D Tax Credits
The USA also offers similar R&D tax credits. You may qualify in these such areas:
- Reduce your Federal and/or State tax liability (in past years as well).
- Reduce your FICA payroll tax liability up to $250,000/ year. Company must be under 5 years old, as well as pre-revenue OR have less than $5 million in gross receipts for the tax year.
- Apply against Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT).
- Federal credits carry forward for up to 20 years.
- State credits carry forward in most states (eligibility and carry-forward lengths vary).
Contact Pinnacle Consultants for a free consultation to see if you qualify for R&D Tax Credits!